Friday, December 22, 2006
Monday, December 18, 2006
You're the "I'm Not Drunk" drunk.
- "No, I wasn't drunk last night. You've never seen me drunk."
(Okay I've said that a few times)
- "You stared at the coving for half an hour."
(Maybe 5 minutes at the most)
- "So? It takes more than that to get me drunk."
(It probably does)
- "You knocked over a bowl of nachos, trampled them into the carpet, then shouted at a complete stranger that it didn't matter because Mexicans were dirty anyway."
(but I am Mexican that doesn't make any sense)
- pause -
- "It was an accident. I was joking."
(Okay you better be)
- "You ate them."
(Only if the 5 second rule applies)
You can inform the world that you're not drunk, honest, with the following declaration of sobriety: I am not drunk!
What kind of a drunk are you?
Filmed deep in the Yucatan jungle, Apocalypto takes place during the decline of the Mayan civilization. Here we find a young Mayan man living a peaceful life the way his ancestors have before him. However this is shattered early on when the brutal ruling class ( the Aztecs I presume) pillage and raid his village looking for human sacrafices.
From this point on the movie only gets gorier as the young man manages to escape a beheading, kill one of his captors and outrun an angry jaguar. Although the ending is not historically accurate if you have the stomach for it I really suggest you go and watch this movie.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
• B-Best Friend? Vicky who I have known since Kindergarden.
• C-Cake or Pie? Chocolate Cake is the best.
• D-Drink Of Choice? Anything with caffeine or alcohol.• E-Essential Item You Use Everyday? I have to go with my computer.
• F-Favorite Color? I love any shade of purple.
• G-Gummy Bears Or Worms? I am more of a chocolate girl.
• H-Hometown? Although raised in Texas I was actually born in Albuquerque.
• I-Indulgence? Good food.
• J-January Or February? January.
• K-Kids & Their Names? I can't even afford a pet.
• L-Life Is Incomplete Without? Art of any kind.
• M-Marriage Date? LOL! I don't even have time to date right now.
• N-Number Of Siblings? Three.
• O-Oranges Or Apples? Apples.
• P-Phobias/Fears? I'm a little claustrophobic but my main fear is being stranded in open waters.
• Q-Favorite Quote? "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein~
• R-Reason to Smile? Accomplishing my goals.
• S-Season? Fall.
• T-Tag Three or Four People? I'll pass.
• U-Unknown Fact About Me? I was asked to audition for a theater group after a member saw me in a school play at 10.
• V-Vegetable you don't like? Cucumbers.
• W-Worst Habit? I have to say I can be lazy at times and I do tend to procrastination a lot.
• X-X-rays You've Had? Dental and hips when I dislocated one of them.
• Y-Your Favorite Food? Anything Italian.
• Z-Zodiac Sign? Taurus and yes I am so very stubborn.
Street art in Vegas is very wierd. This artist was painting pictures with only a few bottles of spraycans and ripped paper from a telephone book as his paint brush. He signed his name as Tony Vegas but the next night a totally different man painting pictures on the exact same spot also went by the name Tony Vegas. Sounds really shady right! Oh well you can't deny he is talanted.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
2. There is no such thing as being on a budget while you are at Vegas. Aside from the free drinks and free porn, everything else costs an arm and a leg.
3. If you are gambling and you do manage to win big, stop while you are ahead. The longer you are in a casino the more money you end up spending.
I am sorry I can't elaborate more, I have to move out by the end of the week so I am going to be taking a small break from my blog. Once I get settled in my new place, I'll share some more stories and hopefully pictures of my trip with you guys.
*Hugs & Kisses*
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
*Hugs & Kisses*
Monday, November 20, 2006
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
|You Are 20% Capitalist, 80% Socialist|
As far as you're concerned, all the wrong people have the power.
You're strongly in favor of the redistribution of wealth - and more protection for the average person.
To make matters worse I am also struggling with one of my online classes. I guess I should clarify this a little bit I am not really struggling I have a B but I want an A. I usually like to reserve my B’s for harder courses like Math or Physics but this online course is brutal. If I have any questions on the material it is so hard to get in contact with the professor and the course is solely based on test grades (plus he takes of points for grammar and spelling). I am really trying my hardest but so far my best seems to be a B. I guess what is really bothering me is that I am now questioning my intelligence, am I really capable and smart enough to go to medical school? I am going through a small crisis right now, any words of encouragment are welcome.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
On another note who is hoping for a Justin & Britney reunion? I know I am not. Sorry Britney but I think that Justin is better off with Cameron than he would be with you. I mean come on, you are a divorced country bumpkin with two babies and your career is in questionable shape. I never thought I would say this but that Cameron is a real catch.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Thursday, November 02, 2006
1. I love swimming but I am terrified of open water along with most forms of eels, sharks and jellyfish.
2. After watching Superman at 7, I convinced my younger brother that it was physically possible to fly. Little did I know that hours later he would break his arm jumping off our second story balcony trying to fly.
3. In high school my counselor coerced me to join a Deca marketing class where my high IQ scores and stubborn personality led my teacher to push me into competing in a local marketing contest. I ended up placing State but I broke my teacher’s heart when I refused to compete at any higher level.
4. I went to a Fabio book signing event at 11.
5. I had my first alcoholic drink at 7.
* LA & Ryan guessed it, I have never met Fabio. *
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
|Never Date a Cancer|
Instead try dating: Leo, Sagittarius, Gemini, or Aquarius
I caught Liza Minnelli on yesterday’s Law & Order, she did a fantastic job and at 60 she is still looking good. I have always had a fondness for her and since Cabaret is one of my favorite movies I was even planning on dressing up as Sally Bowles for Halloween but I chickened out at the last minute. You have to be really brave in order to pull off this Look.
I have binging on candy all day courtesy of my nephew’s Halloween bag and now I have a toothache. The last time I went to the dentist was a few years ago for a root canal and I came out learning two things about myself, the numbing serum wears off incredibly fast on me, and the dentist said I had a good liver.
Monday, October 30, 2006
1. OK Go-Here It Goes Again
2. Patti Smith- Gloria
3. Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Y Control
4. The Mars Volta- The Widow
5. Elvis Costello- Radio, Radio
6. The Pixies-Gigantic
7. Social Distorition- Story Of My Life
8. The Postal Service- The District Sleeps Alone Tonight
9. Calabrese- Shrunken Heads
10. The Misfits- Halloween
Thursday, October 26, 2006
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
However the tolerance I had for Elizabeth broke today when she went on the show accusing Law & Order of being socially irresponsible for using a name that was similar to hers on a rape victim for the show. First of all the characters name was Elizabeth Hassenbach not Hasselbeck and that is where the similarities end. I mean I could see if the character was an annoying talk show host with a right wing agenda where she might have gotten this crazy idea the Law & Order was making fun of her but the show did not do anything like that. Elizabeth only fixated on the similarity of the character’s name and actually stated that she is the only person in the world (except for maybe a few in Germany) that has the name Elizabeth Hasselbeck, therefore the show must have been targeting her.
Being the self righteous woman that she is she explained how she called the executive producer of Law & Order to chastise him for using her name (again it was not actually her name it only sounded like her name.) Not surprisingly the guy chalked it up to coincidence and hung up on her. Still reeling from not being heard and respected she went on this outrageous rant on The View about how even though she likes the actors that come out in Law & Order she will not sit next to one of them if they come on the View because she feels she will be supporting the executive producer of Law & Order if she does that.
The whole idea that she is a big enough star that Law & Order would intentionally pick on her just left a bad taste in my mouth but what really got me mad is that she would use what little ‘star-power’ she has in order take out her anger on innocent bystanders. I am sorry but that is just wrong and one of her co-host should be strong enough to pull her off her high horse.
Monday, October 23, 2006
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Singles follows a group of twenty-something year olds living in Seattle during the height of the grunge era. Although the movie is not too deep, it is very entertaining and it does feature plenty of cool music. Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder also share a small part.
I really enjoyed watching this movie because it shows a picture of a period in time where grunge still ruled.
Monday, October 16, 2006
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
|Your Brain's Pattern|
You have the ability to stay forever entertained with your thoughts.
People may say you're hard to read, but that's because you're so internally focused.
But when you do share what you're thinking, people are impressed with your imagination.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Monday, October 09, 2006
Thursday, October 05, 2006
As Steven took the stage, I could tell by his bloated demeanor and his slurred speech that this assembly was going to be priceless. His speech was one rambling mess of slurred inconsistencies. By the look on his face I could tell he did not want to be there and he kept making matters worse by trying to casually look down at his wristwatch to see how much time he had left. He talked about staying in school and saying no to drugs. He even threw in a few karate kicks to try to impress the apathetic crowd of students but his actions were futile as the only reaction he got from the students was a mix of awkward laughter.
I have to say the one and only highlight of the assembly was a hilarious mishap. Steven being the macho karate master he is, tried to show a young and rather wimpy male student a blocking technique but he miscalculated the students punch and ended up getting socked in the face. The crowd went wild with laughter and for a split second there I thought Steven was going to sock the student back but he didn’t. The student was quickly ushered off stage and the assembly ended shortly there after. My only regret is that I did not have a camera to record this hilarious event so that I could show you guys.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
|You Have a Melancholic Temperament|
You are a soft-hearted daydreamer. You long for your ideal life.
You love silence and solitude. Everyday life is usually too chaotic for you.
Given enough time alone, it's easy for you to find inner peace.
You tend to be spiritual, having found your own meaning of life.
Wise and patient, you can help people through difficult times.
At your worst, you brood and sulk. Your negative thoughts can trap you.
You are reserved and withdrawn. This makes it hard to connect to others.
You tend to over think small things, making decisions difficult.